Ladyjam Blog

My Joy, my Pride, my Tears all on a Blog!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Give me a sign




I was minding my own business on the bus on my way to work, when a gal who was sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder handed me her cell phone. She had type a message asking if the bus we were on was going to Johannesburg hospital, I was still puzzled ...THEN it finally hit me - she is either deaf or dumb or both , that’s when the reality of sign language dawned on me - it was this incident that inspired me to write the poem below:




In crowded spaces


When silence is all there is

People, moving soundlessly....In numbing mute-ness


When all you have is a nod, a shake Or a throw of hands in the air


Just give me a sign



When language barriers are sky high


And words are likely to betray you

When the world stares clueless...


In that moment of uncertainty





Give me a sign

Give me a sign when your heart is joyful


When your spirit is dancing to the melody of life


When saying it is just not enough



When I am here,

and you are there


In places were words can’t reach

You can give me a sign




a nod or shake A throw of hands in the air In rhythm


All I need is a sign


ladyjam produtions. 05.04.2011

No comments: