Ladyjam Blog

My Joy, my Pride, my Tears all on a Blog!!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Finding my feet

I saw an advert for a bank the other day that said '' Once you find you feet, reward them with shoes''. How does one find their feet, i mean hello, i was born with these two feet and there aren't more coming?

Finding your feet is a term widely used to describe ''when one is learning what to do and becoming more comfortable in an environment, new job,new home, new country, new baby. It is getting to know the robes, or settlelling in.

For the most part of the few years i have roamed the earth, i was just a girl from a small village somewhere at the bottom of Africa....a light skinned, chubby girl....i had a name, but i did not quite have an identity, and yes i was just roaming.

Some people might refer to this roaming as 'moving with the crowd', there is nothing wrong with it, the problem here is i moved with ANY crowd, i went wherever they went, agreed with everything they said, laughed at what ever they lauged at (even when i was the joke), i wore what they said was cool and i spoke to please (them), and i am not refering to a specific group here, this happened at school, in my neighbourhood, this 'roaming' followed me to Vasity and allas it made it's way all the way up to my office and my relationships....*big whoah*

Other people's likes and dislikes become mine, their choices became mine, their voice became mine, their feet became mine - so i was a lots child so to say, there where moments where i was myself, but for the most part i was marching on someone else's path...i was just a girl from a small village somewhere at the bottom of Africa....a light skinned. , chubby girl.


*come back soon to read about how i found my feet, my voice and my curves*



1 comment:

Lu said...

...isn't it amazing just how easy it is to fall into the trap of thinking that the next person is better than us; hence we would be wiser to become more of them than more of ourselves? The best thing that can happen to any woman, is to find herself! I am happy you have found yourself, your feet and your curves...lol!