Ladyjam Blog

My Joy, my Pride, my Tears all on a Blog!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Tribute to my mother !!




Heroic measures


Not all heroes need to wear funny costumes and jump from one building to the next, cause
Some hero don’t need choreographed stunts to get a standing ovation
I know a hero
That has moved heaven and earth for me, in the absence of ‘camera, lights, action’
On countless accassions, she wiped my tears and painted a smile on my face with a single stroke of her magic wand


Not all heroes need to wear funny costumes and jump from one building to the next, cause
Some hero’s perform miracles with their feet safe on ground,
My hero has the ability to speak wisdom to crazy situations
she can see invincible light in people
She taught how to hold my head up to the sky
and told me I could be anything I wanted to be, and look at me now


Not all heroes wear funny costumes and jump from one building to the next, and thank God
Cause , I don’t think a spiderman suit will do her justice
She wears a smile on her face the size of Africa, and that’s enough
My hero, Is an ordinary woman who watches soapies and likes Tyler Perry movies
She makes the best ‘samp and beans’ in the whole wide world
And she is my mother

No comments: