Ladyjam Blog

My Joy, my Pride, my Tears all on a Blog!!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Voiceless..........never again

I have been in many taxis in my life, and I must say that most (not all) of my rides gave me a chill down my spine.

It is with sadness that I admit that most of our taxi drivers and queue marshals are not "service orientated" and that for me is a big concern for public transport in this country, but that is just me......

I was involved in an accident early this year. My roommate and I where on our way to work and we landed at Malbarton hospital.

Our taxi was going at lightning speed.....And the rest is history.I regret the fact that I was in that taxi and it was speeding and I just kept quiet, I was terrified, but I did not raise my concern.

As I think about it now... I realise that I was scared to speak up cause the driver might have thrown me out if his taxi ( a friend of mine was left in the middle of nowhere because she complained that driver was speeding) , but now I wish I had said something and got thrown out rather than end up in hospital with my legs and my arm sore, next to my pregnant roommate who was hysterical cause she fell by her stomach and she could not feel her baby move.

Who is to blame?.......

I would blame the driver for his reckless driving, maybe I might even blame Metro bus drivers for being on strike, because the strike contributed to my being in a taxi in the 1st place, but I would rather blame myself for willing to risk my life by my cowardness …

or maybe I should blame YOU, for your silence… when you had that bad taxi experience , should you have raised your voice against the recklessness maybe ......maybe....so many people would not have died on our roads due to taxi drivers haste.

Never….. in his taxi…… again

All but not in his taxi
Can you speak up
and fight for customer dignity
and for the right.....to be dropped at the right place

All but never in his taxi
Can you say he is wrong!
As he passes red robots
And drives in flight mode

All but not in his taxi
Can you speak up
And emphasise the importance of a safety belts

never in his taxi
Can you raise your voice
Against reckless driving and road side ignorance

You just sit ....voiceless..
Scared to death
And watch.. as he waves his middle finger at other drivers
"they are wrong"... in his eyes

And you..... you just seat ...
cared..... voiceless in his taxi

I did that once………. But never again.

Ladyjam production

No comments: